On the first floor of the building is a rich collection consisting of oil paintings, lithographs, watercolors, engravings and many photographs.
In the gallery's collection includes great artistic and historical value projects for the city of Messolongi, including "Exodus of Messolongi" and "The reception of Av. Byron at Missolonghi," copies of the original works of Theodore Vryzaki, who painted the Angel Kasolas and John Kasolas respectively. Moreover, one can admire the valuable work of the French painter Emile de Lasank, entitled "The sacrifice of the mother," which depicts a Mesolongitissa mother, who, during the city's siege by the Turks, having killed the child the next dead husband, preparing to turn the knife on her. This table was donated by Elena El. Venizelos the municipality Messolonghi. You will also find a copy of the work Delacroix "Greece on the ruins of Missolonghi," inspired by the battle of the Greeks in the third siege of Missolonghi, depicting the personification of heroic Greek.
The same area, are also exposed, fighters weapons in 1821, sacred objects from the same period as the chalice and holy water cross the metropolitan Joseph Rogon, a series of post-Byzantine icons and documents from the twinning of Messolonghi the city Seflinsntorf, birthplace of the publisher of the first newspaper in liberated Greece (Greek Chronicle), Johann Jacob Mayer.
At the museum entrance are busts dominate imposingly of Trikoupi and Epaminondas Deligeorgis, two of the five Mesologi prime ministers.
Square Botsari Markou 1 Mesolongi, PC 30200
Tel .: +30 26310 22134
Mon-Fri 09: 00-13: 30 16: 00-19: 00