Ιστορικοί Χώροι/Μουσεία (12)
The Museum of History and Art of ICS Municipality Messolonghi, housed in a neoclassical two-storey building, built in 1932 under Mayor Christos Evangelatou and an old town hall.
Located in the central square Markou Botsari and there exposed Greek tables and foreign artists with scenes from the games Mesolongiton and heroic Exodus portraits of Greek chieftains and philhellenes, engravings, maps, coins, medals, traditional costumes, busts of Mesolongiton premiers, personal items and manuscripts of Lord Byron and images from both trips philhellene poet in Greece. Also exposed, documents and objects from the twinning of Mesolongi Town with the city Gkentlingk Lord Byron.
The Museum of Trikoupis is housed in a mansion building, where the historian was born, raised and
lived. His son, a great modern politician and several times Prime Minister of our country, Charilaos Trikoupis grew up in the same residence as well. The house was built in 1840 by his uncles Char. Trikoupis, Apostolos and Themistoclis and is right across the house of Kostis Palamas.
The mansion is perhaps the oldest building in the city and is located near the lagoon. This house still retains its first architectural simplicity, having two floors with three balconies. The latter, was afterwards donated to the municipality of Messolonghi by MP K. Trikoupis and now operates as a museum where some personal belongings and photographs of the Trikoupi family are being exposed.
Triantafyllou Spondi Street